We are a group of dementia care professionals (mostly occupational therapists!) who meet bi-monthly via Zoom to discuss common challenges that occur in the world of dementia care. We also host guest speakers to speak on a variety of topics!
Bi-Monthly Zoom calls to collaborate with other dementia care professionals
Chance to submit your questions in advance of the Zoom calls
Access to call recordings and resources in the Resource Library
Opportunities for continuing education
Guest speakers from a variety of professions
A sense of community and support from like-minded colleagues
|Skills2Care Certified||Professional||Team Pricing (3-8 employees)|
|4 Month Membership||$180||$299|
One Zoom call each month is an open forum. Participants have the opportunity to submit questions in advance of the call or bring questions to the group.
One Zoom call each month has a “theme”
- How to work with low readiness caregivers
- Strategies for working with clients who become agitated when the OT is in the home
- OTs caring for themselves
We host guest speakers during many of our theme calls and are occasionally able to offer continuing education credit for sessions.
We meet the second and fourth Monday of each month at 7pm ET.
Calls are recorded, unless otherwise noted, and can be accessed in the Dementia Squad Resource Library.
Past guest speakers & topics include:
- Sexuality and dementia
- Integrative Brain Health - Mijail Serruya, MD, PhD, Neurologist at Jefferson Hospital of Neuroscience
- Caring for Yourself While Caring for Others - Alison Lynn, MSW, LCSW; Licensed clinical social worker and Director of Social Work at the Penn Memory Center
- Skills2Care-ID: Why? What? How? Where - Adel Herge, OTD, OTR/L, FAOTA
- Pleasurable Dining and Nutrition - Jeannine Forrest, PhD, RN, Dementia Coach on Call
- Kevin Jameson, President and Founder of Dementia Society of America
- Medications and Common Side Effects in Older Adults - Cibi Ann Kandammalil, PharmD, BCPS
- Don't Sleep on This: How occupational therapy promotes healthy sleep rhythms for older adults with dementia - TJU OTS present systematic review findings for sleep and dementia
- Indigenous Populations and Dementia
- Documentation "Dementia & Occupational Therapy" - Connie Sakellaropoulos, MOTR/L
- Using AI for Fall Prevention in Memory Care - Anne Stankiewicz, CScD, OTR/L
- Catherine Piersol, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
- Updates in Alzheimer's Biomarkers and Therapeutics - Dr. Dani (Goldfarb) Cabral, MD, Alzheimer's Specialist Neurologist, Psychiatrist & Clinical Researcher
- Laura Gitlin, PhD, FGSA, FAAN
- Evidence for Key Design Principles of Dementia Friendly Environments - Jefferson OTD Students
- ART Philadelphia Founder and Executive Director - Susan Shifrin, PhD
- Demystifying Challenging Behaviors and Referral Sources in Dementia Care - Monika Lukasiewicz, OTR/L, CLIPP
- Let's Talk About it: Cultural Considerations for Diverse Caregivers - Lauren Parker, PhD, MPH
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Hospice *But Were Too Afraid to Ask - Stephanie Lynn, RN, MS, CHPN
- Wandering Case Examples
- Assistive Tech & Dementia - Alanna Raffel, OTD, OTR/L & Caitlin McKenney, MS, ATP from TechOWL